Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Love Message In A Bottle

Just because it’s a Valentine’s Day card doesn’t mean it has to be pink and girly... I attempted to make a Valentine’s Day card that could be gifted to anyone. I am pretty happy with the results.


For this card I use the Message In A Bottle stamp set as well as a few of the Stampin Blends alcohol markers from Stampin Up

I started by creating a A2 card base from a sheet of pool party card stock also from Stampin Up as well as a piece of plain white card stock (measuring 4 x 5.25) to layer on top. 

I used my paper distresser around the edges of both my card base as well as my top layer. 

Next I stamped my bottle image on the piece of white cardstock, using my Misti and grey momento ink. 
I also stamped a second bottle on a clear sheet. (I ended up cleaning the ink off the clear sheet.. but that could be optional.)


I set my clear sheet aside to dry and went back to the white cardstock. I then took the love notes and added them to the bottle. 

I created a boarder by drawing three messy boxes around the outside of the cardstock. 

I used my Light Crumb Cake & the Color Lifter Stampin Blends around the edges of a few of the notes to give some depth and color. 

I used hot glue and attached my clear bottle over the stamped bottle. I used a heat gun to help remelt any glue that hardened before I got the bottle attached. This made my clear plastic warp a little, but I didn’t mind. 

Using my Light Pool Party and the Color Lifter Stampin Blends I created a blue glow around the bottle. 

I stamped the cork out on a piece of scrap paper, fussy cut it out and added it to the top of the bottle with a little liquid glue. 
 

Next I stared working on my sentiment. I cut out the sentiment and added some color to match the rest of the card using the same Light Crumb Cake And Color Lifter. 
 

I used some double sided tape to attach some string to the backside of my sentiment and popped the whole thing up with some Stampin Dimensionals.
 '


Using my ATG, I attached the decorated card stock to the cardbase. I also used my Stampin Blends Pool Party Color Blends to color a few pearls and added them to the card as well.
 

Stamped my inner sentiment...

...and there you have it. A not so pink Valentine’s Day card!









Happy Valentines Day!!


To shop Stampin Up ONLINE please click here!

Follow me on Instagram here!

Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!! 

Xo- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment