Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Pieces & Patterns (Stampin Up) Dino Why, Thank You Card

I got the Pieces & Patterns stamp set, from Stampin Up, in and I absolutely love this little dinosaur!! I thought he would make a perfect pair with the thank you sentiment to make a simple and quick card. 



The Pieces & Patterns stamp set is really sweet...

I used three Stampin Blend markers; Dark Old Olive, Light Old Olive & Light Daffodil Delight, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Daffodil Delight Stampin pad, and Black Enamel Accents from Ranger. 

I cut a few pieces of card stock in complementary colors. 
A green card base, a darker green layer, two white layers and two pieces for my sentiment. 


I randomly stamped a few Dino friends on my second layer sheet. I made sure to have one dinosaur be a focal point and stamped everyone else around him. 
  

Using my Stampin Blends I colored in one dinosaur. 

Coloring his belly first with Light Daffodil Delight, the entire body with Light Old Olive and one stripe on his back with Dark Old Olive. I then went back over the body and dark line with the Light Old Olive Stampin blend to blend the colors together. 
  


I then attached my first and second card layers together making sure to leave an even boarder and set it off to the side. 

I stamped my sentiment using Daffodil Delight on my second sentiment layer. 


I then attached my sentiment layers together like my card layers above and set it aside as well. 

I used the small circles from the stamp set to create a kind of boarder for the inside layer. 

I scored my card base at 4 1/4


And brought everything back to assemble. 


  

I added some Enamel Accents on the front of the card. 
 

Check out the height on these dots!!


You could get the same effect by using enamel stickers. 

Give the Enamel some time to dry, and enjoy!





To shop Stampin Up ONLINE please click here!

Follow me on Instagram here!

Leave a comment below and let me know what you think! Give a thumbs up and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel

Xo- Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment