Saturday, October 13, 2018

Halloween Distress Cards No. 4,5 & 6

I have three little ghoulish nephews I wanted to send a special Halloween wish to. So I thought what better than the Tim Holtz sizzix Ghoulish dies....


I started on the background... by using the blotting technique with Black Soot Distress Oxide and a squirt or two of water on a piece of watercolor paper. 


Next I added a small amount of Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink, using the same blotting technique. 



I cut out each of the “ghouls” from the Goulish die set. 
I blotted the skeleton in Iced Spruce Distress Oxide, the vampire is blotted in Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide and the zombie is blotted in Twisted Citron Distress Oxide. 



I cut out “trick or treat” from the Halloween words thinlit set. 
I blotted it in Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide. 


I blotted a strip of watercolor paper in Black Soot Distress Ink. Using the Ghoulish die set, I cut out several sets of bats. 

With the Martha Stewart circle cutter I cut out circles in velum. 


Before gluing all my elements together, I wrapped some bronze thread around the bottom of my card layer. 


I added a small piece of black paper behind the “trick or treat” and glued everything to the layer. 



Using the stamping platform I was able to stamp the sentiment (from the Monsterous stamp set) inside all three cards with ease!


I added some spiderwebs from the Tangled Webs stamp set using London Fog Memento ink. 









I absolutely love how these cards turned out! A little bit spooky and a little bit fun... I know my nephews love them!



Please follow me on Instagram here! To see behind the scenes photos and more!

Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think! Give me a thumbs up and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!!

Xo- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment