Friday, July 8, 2016

Blue Bird Crazy Birthday

August is a big birthday month for our family. So I needed to get a jump on making a few birthday cards to be ready.

This little cutie was super fun to make.


I pulled a few shades of blue I liked in Tim Holtz Distress ink and stains to work with for this project. 


I started by water coloring the little bird with distress inks and water brush. I then cut him out with my Big Shot.


Next I took a piece of card stock and prepared the background of the card by putting distress inks on my craft mat, misting them with water and drying the ink. I repeated this process until I got the look I wanted.



Then I stared adding some layers by embossing a few stars and a honey comb stencil around the sides.






I wanted to add some brown around all the edges to to make the embossed stars stand out more and give the card a nice distressed look. 



I used the same blues to create a darker boarder on the card base and roughed up the edges of the card stock with a distressing tool.  


Chose my sentiment and placement.


Put them all together and here he is. 
I did decide to add a few balloons just to add a different color on the cover. 










Materials used:
- heavy weight card stock
- Tim Holtz distress ink, stain, stamps, stencils, water brush, edge distressing tool and blending tool
- BigShot
- StazOn black ink
- small metal brads
- Scotch's Advanced Tape Glider
- mini glue dots
- Stampin Up! Dimentionals
- DMC floss

No comments:

Post a Comment