Friday, January 25, 2019

Birthday and a card Just Because


I needed to make a birthday card for my grandmother and I knew I wanted to use the collage paper, so I decided to work on two cards mainly because I couldn’t decide on which part of the collage paper I wanted to use. 


I started by dabbing ink and water onto the piece of heavier card stock. Using the heat tool to dry the paper before adding more ink. 


I added the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Floral collage paper to my card layer using a matte gel medium. 

Once the collage paper was dry I added some clear rock candy Distress crackle paint to the flower parts and some white crackle paint randomly to the edges. I let that dry over night. 

On a scrap of paper I stamped and cut out a frame from the Tim Holtz Label Frames stamp set. 


Next I got out the sewing machine and stitched randomly around the card layer, I got out a few coordinating pieces of ephemera and arranged then how I wanted them displayed and attached them to the card layer with the sewing machine as well. 


When I was happy with how everything looked, I glued the layer onto a card base. 



  


 




Please follow me on Instagram here! To see behind the scenes photos and more!



Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think! Give me a thumbs up and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!!

Xo- Megan











No comments:

Post a Comment