Sunday, July 22, 2018

Eileen Hulls Wrap Journal

I saw Eileen Hulls Wrap Journal Sizzix die and I had to have it! Especially after seeing all of the inspiration she shared from her design team. Eileen said she found some fabric at Hobby Lobby and I knew I needed to find some for my journal as well!!



I cut a strip of mat board and ran it through my big shot. Then I cut a piece of fabric a little larger then the die cut piece. I used Fabri-Tac glue to attach the fabric to the mat board, I then trimmed the excess fabric. I cut and distressed the edges of some scrap book paper and added it to the inside of the journal. I attached the paper to the book with tear tape. 

Then I created four small books for the inside of my wrap journal. I took a plain file folder, cut it to fit inside my journal, like a mini book. Glued the same fabric to the outside of them and a pattern paper to the inside. For the signatures, I cut a sheet of 8.5 x 11 in half, folded them again and sewed them into my new mini books. 

In each mini book I randomly stamped small flowers and greenery as well as added some washi tape to the pages.

I threaded elastic into the holes on the wrap journal and inserted my “mini book” signatures. 

Using the Tim Holtz Stitched Slots Library Card Holder Thinlit, I cut out two from another file folder, glued them together and distressed it a little with distress ink and glued it to the back inside cover of my journal. 

I braided some more elastic and created a closure by making a hole in the middle of the spine. Added some dyed ribbon and a Tim Holtz inspiration token as well and called this book done!
























To shop Stampin Up ONLINE please click here!

Follow me on Instagram here!

Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think! Give me a thumbs up and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!!

Xo- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment