Friday, May 15, 2020

How Could You Not?

We were going through and cleaning out my father in laws attic, and we found the mother load of costume jewelry! It all belonged to my husbands granny. Boy did she have tons of brooches and clip on earrings! 

Granny was born in 1926 and passed away in 2012. As soon as I saw the stash I knew something special needed to be done with it! So I purchased 7x7 shadow boxes and with the help of my 5 year old assistant, spread all the jewelry out and matched up all the earrings. 

We looked at all the beautiful colors and beads and pointed out our favorites. 

I began placing the jewelry on the black background of the shadow box. Once I was happy with the composition,  I went back with the glue gun and secured everything. 

I am absolutely in LOVE with the shadow boxes we put together. We put together three in all, one for each of Granny’s great granddaughters. 






For more project inspiration follow me on Instagram and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!!

Xo- Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment