Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mixed Media Monday ~ because why not



So it’s been awhile I know. But I got busy today and used some of my stash!! No ones been going anywhere during this pandemic and what a great reason to dig into some old piles and turn them into something to cherish. 



For this piece I used an old book, fabric scraps, some Tim Holtz goodies, some ephemera and an old photo of my grandparents. Can’t forget my go to glue these days to hold it all together!

We’ll start with this amazing metal accent piece, it’s actually a Halloween Vignette Accent.. not so spooky, I added a some inka gold with my finger to give it an antiqued golden feel. I attached a piece of chain with eyelets so it could be hung.  



The photo is a scan of an old photo booth photo my grandparents took back in the 50’s! I just love it!! It is framed by a frame page from a vintage photo album. I added a stamped sentiment from the Tiny Text stamp set  as well as a little nest of gold thread
I used layers of fabric scraps to add texture. I stitched a few pieces together to add interest as well as more texture. 

Once I thought I was done, I felt like it needed a little more of something at the bottom. So I added a Mini Plaquette as well as a Foundry Adornment

We can’t forget everything is carefully layered onto a vintage book keeping book cover. It had the perfect amount of ware already on it, I just added a little distress ink to the outer edge to help grunge up the rough edge. Oh my how I love vintage well loved books!!


So let’s dig into our stash and make something totally awesome!



For more project inspiration follow me on Instagram and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!!

Xo- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment