Sunday, August 7, 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 - AUGUST

Welcoming August in with style is a new Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 challenge.

Last month I decided to give the Tim Holtz 12 Tags challenge a try, and it was fun so I decided to do it again!! 

So here it is, my take on Tim's "Augusts remix challenge" 

He uses Frameworks to add style and the Brayered Stain technique to add random blots of color for the background.   

Over all I am pretty happy with how this tag came out.... 


I used Chipped Sapphire with the brayer to create a random streaked background and added some distress browns to grunge it up a bit. 




I also used the honeycomb framework cut from grungepaper to add a few focal points to the tag. I painted the honeycomb framework with distress paint before I added them to the tag. I filled in the negative spaces with mirror sheeting as well as rock candy crackle paint or some clear texture paste over pieces of coordinating scrapbook paper.



I die cut some wildflowers on black and white cardstock. Before I added them to the tag I used a distress tool to add some blue ink to the white flower and embossed it with clear embossing powder to add a bit of extra texture. I also embellished the tag with some words cut from an old childrens book I have, a bit of the story that I thought matched perfectly with the look of the mirror tiles on the tag.

So.. there it is, I hope you enjoyed looking at my tag as much as I enjoyed making it :)

xo

6 comments:

  1. Megan....oh yeah that rock candy crackle background really talks to me..... along with your quote...count me in for dining too! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your deep, rich take on the August tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb! I love the crackle accents and the colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really like how the rock candy crackle turned out as well.. Almost looks like cracked glass to me, just really cool!

      Delete